Sep 29, 2015

Digital India

I was roaming jobless that time. It was a tough period, I knew I am going to win this battle and get in to one of the top IT companies in some time, but the going through the hardship was testing my patience, honesty and dedication. It was the time when I lost in crucial HR interview at Infosys itself. People were telling me that once I clear the initial technical round, then I am in the company. But the offer letters were sent for my colleagues who met me at the interview and not for me.

I felt devastated, in disbelief and also in disarray. Then came an opportunity and I really wanted to prove a point why I deserved to be in a top notch company with smart salary. There were nearly 20K people and only 30 out of them were selected in a college off campus, and I am proud to say I was one among them. First round was about aptitude test and I cleared it easily as with many other companies attended earlier.

Then came essay writing, where I am the best since childhood and my own English teachers were proud of and also referred me as a best example. I would write essays with such strong message which strikes the reader where it matters the most. I was asked to write why they would recruit me for getting in to that company and I did write it neatly.

Then came the Group discussion round which was scheduled for the next day. Around 5K people were selected for this alone. In my panel we had around 10 people who were asked to speak about “technology: is it a boon or bane”. I was only listening till the end and whenever I opened my mouth to strike a balance with my panelists, I was only taken over by a stronger voice who would not allow me to continue with my view points.

The GD panelist was noting this behavior and he did give me a chance to speak at the end. And I didn’t mess it. I spoke for just 3 minutes and without a break, with such fluency that the entire classroom wowed upon it and clapped their hands (including the panelist). Even I felt good at my viewpoint and encouraged my way of positive thinking.

The thing that I spoke 10 years back exactly echoes what our current PM Narendra Modi spoke at the San Jose CEO meet. Especially the view of ‘Digital India’. I echoed similar sentiments and view points and was vouching for empowering villages and poor with technology to update their status not only physically but also online. I voiced for learning through technology and also better planning with technological advancements.
‘Let us use technology to educate people about the good and ill effects of using it and let us create a positive, wholesome environment that doesn’t discard anyone based on their financial status.’ I concluded.


It was not over, Later I went through a technical code testing interview. This was followed by one one-on-one meeting with Executive VP of the company who testing my emotions. Later I was offered a job in their company within a month’s time. I will never forget my first employer and interviewers who shaped my career now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or feed backs please