Jan 1, 2011

2010 - A Past Preview

2010 - A Past Preview

2010 had been a fascinating year for me personally. I am recalling all the important events that happened in my life in this entry and will try not to miss out any significant event.

Though there were major scams running all over the country, 2010 by far was the best year for India too. I will also list some major events that had happened all over India since New Year's eve of 2009. If you find some data is incorrect please let me know. Similarly if you find that I have missed some major event please inform me.

Personal Front:

1) I became a proud father of a Daughter, feels great to be a father and take the responsibilities in running a family.

2) My previous company got acquired by a major corporation and our Chennai operations were terminated. Luckily thanks to my Daughter, I ended up in my 3rd Company.

3) Watched the first 3D movie of my life this year only.

4) I stopped playing Cricket completely, did not even appear near practise nets.

5) Went to Subramani Swamy temple at Swamimalai second time in my life only after my Mundan and Ear piercing ceremony. Ofcourse I went for my daughter's Mundan and Ear piercing cermony!

6) My elder brother also became a Father this year.

7) Moved away from my home place, T.Nagar to Guduvanchery for the first time in my life. Since my birth I have not even moved an inch outside the house either for education or job purpose.

8) I bought a touch screen phone. First ever touch screen phone in my Life.

Indian Front:

1) India conducted its first international event - the XIX Commonwealth Games successfully amid huge corruption charges.

2) Attempt to replace INSAT-2E satellite with GSAT-5P failed horribly due to snapping connectors.

3) Indian Cricket team climbed to No.1 status in Test rankings for the first time in the second half of
2009. This is since the introduction of ranking system. They did not lose the spot in the year 2010!

4) Indian atheletes grabbed 38 Gold medals, this is by far the best result in atheletics for India.

5) In the entertainment industry, India had produced a big budget film under the Sun pictures banner,

starring Super Star Rajini & beauty queen Aishwarya Bachan and directed by Super director Shankar.
Budget of the movie was 162 crores. Interestingly, the GSAT satellite that was flopped by ISRO costed
150 crores only.

6) World Classic Tamil conference was held at Coimbatore for the first time in which prominent writers and Tamil Linguistic experts were invited.

7) Scams ran all through India - a shame shame year for India!

8) The last native of India's Andaman Islands fluent in the Aka-Bo language dies, rendering the language extinct.

9) Russia signs a nuclear reactor deal with India which will see it build 16 nuclear reactors in India.

10) India test fires two short range missiles, the Dhanush and Prithvi II.

11) The Indian government initiates The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act to provide free and compulsory education to all children aged between 6 and 14 years, making education a fundamental right for millions of children.

12) India launches its new 2011 biometric census, the largest census in the world.

13) The Indian government unveils a solar power touch-screen laptop, cheaper than America's iPad, expected to be on sale next year.

14) 20-year-old Nicole Faria from Bangalore, Miss India, wins the Miss Earth 2010 crown in Vinpearl Land, Nha Trang, Vietnam.

15) First ever International Kabaddi World Cup was held in Pujab. Winner was India beating Pakistan in the Final 58-24.

PS: I have made references to Wikipedia in trying to list out a few important events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or feed backs please